Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thank you, Cooper

  • Thank you for helping me realize all that I had taken for granted before as I was still childlike in many senses prior to having you
  • Thanks for really teaching me things I thought I knew the meaning of like: sleep deprivation, fear, love, and happiness
    Now I have lived it and understand it all fully and have felt all of the pain it entails....and am better for it.
  • Thank you for helping to me to be a little more selfless and a little obsessive over every detail of your little bitty life, for its
    made me focus less on the petty day by day drama that I allowed myself to be sucked into and create before.
  • Thank you for helping me to proudly release my inner dork and help to teach me that being "cool," is subjective, and it doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things...as long as I am a good mother to you and good to others.
  • Thanks for slowing me down and giving my life meaning, the kind of meaning I'm so proud to have and the responsibility I would never wish to relinquish.
  • Thanks for making me appreciate all that my Mom went through in raising us and what a phenomenal job she did, which I never gave her credit for until now.
  • Thanks for making the hurt so much deeper now when I see other children or parents hurting, you have given me more compassion than I thought possible.
  • Thanks for teaching me that the world is a much better place when it doesn't revolve around me.
  • Thank you for giving me so very much to be thankful for that I could never possibly express it all!

1 comment:

Shantell Wyatt said...

I love it Megan! Even though we are so grateful of our children, it is so easy to let the little things fall out of sight & forget all that they have done for us. You are so good at keeping that in perspective, I'm going to copy you & write my own thank you's to look at when I want to pull my hair out.

The only one I can argue about is number 9, I think the world might be a better place if it revolved around me :)