Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Music Monday: Favorite Soundtracks

A really great friend-of-a-friend blogger, Kat, posts these fun, interactive, weekly blogs called "Music Mondays." This week's is about favorite soundtracks. I have always been a soundtrack lover since the beginning of my love for music. I have a tendency to bore of the same artist over and over, but love the variety of soundtracks, so here are some of mine:


Garden State-

This entire soundtrack is just excellent, not a bad song on it! I especially love the Shins
"Caring is Creepy"

I would listen to this song in the car before tests in college, it always calmed me down for some reason. Plus, Coldplay's on it. How could you go wrong?


Brokedown Palace

I just love it, any album that starts out with Sarah Mclachlan is just destined to be an all-around fabulous CD.



Top Gun

This brings back my childhood fantasies of falling in love with a fighter pilot. What a great movie. I still get taken back to the 80's when "Take my Breath Away," comes on the Lite Rock station...oh yeah. Who would have guessed that my future husband and our other neighborhood buddy would end up smashing my Top Gun CD with their skateboards? Abd can you believe I still married the guy? I tried to act like it was okay because I was "too cool" at the time to own that album anyways, but it hurt....real bad. :(


The Lion King
Last but not least, my favorite soundtrack from an animated movie is The Lion King! Elton John's "The Circle of Life," always reminds me of my little sister and how much she loved that movie. We watched it over and over and over for months, maybe years. It makes me all teary-eyed thinking of my little tiny sister, who is no longer little and tiny.


Anyone else have their own favorites?


P.S. M&A, this is a perfect opportunity for a new blog for you guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. I def like the garden state soundtrack. Dat's funny to see wut u associate w/ them

Unknown said...

ahaha.. sounds like such a fun type of blog topic. hehee.

A couple of my faves would have to be
Footloose
Pretty In Pink
The Little Mermaid
Return to Me-- I love Sinatra and Martin..among others, this is a perfect mix of different songs.
Not Another Teen Movie
I think I could probably go on.. hahaha

Shantell Wyatt said...

Oohhh so much fun!

My all time hands down favorite soundtrack is........
Grease!
Very close second is Dirty Dancing-Freaking Love IT!
I would stand on the back of the couch & mimic the 'balance on a tree' scene from Dirty Dancing, ahh the good ol' days.

And without being too much of a copycat I have to admit that The Little Mermaid is pretty high on my list too.
This was my all time favorite Disney Movie growing up, but I never had the soundtrack,luckily Abby loves it too & is super spoiled so we get to share it.

I know exactly what you mean about the movie thing Megan! My little brothers were obsessed with Toy Story, I mean multiple times a day for years we watched this movie! After that, Small Soldiers was the the hit. I can recite both of these movies word for word! Now they are all big & independent :(

The Gardner's said...

I cannot believe I left out Dirty Dancing! Seriously....that is even more of a favorite than Top Gun!
Angie, I can't believe you didn't say something about nobody putting baby in the corner. I can't even tell you how many times I've re-created the "I've had the time of my life," dance.

Shantell Wyatt said...

Just out of curiousity, where were you when you recreated that scene Megan? Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!! I also like the Empire Records soundtrack and the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack. Oh and Meg I know where you were when you re-created the "I've had the Time of my life" dance cause I was usually there being silly with you when we were little on the patio!!