Sunday, February 17, 2008

Crazzzy Cooper's 1st ear infection

So, as of Friday both Cooper and I have confirmed ear infections. While its the bazzillionth ear/sinus infection for me, its Cooper's 1st-and boy is it a new adventure! None of my veteran mother friends ever told me that amoxicillin (aka bubble gum medicine) turns docile, sweet babies into crazed lunatics! If I had known this, I may have chosen a better time (besides right at bedtime) to give Cooper his medicine.



While I love to see my son's energetic smile, flailing hands, and hear him screaming out in happiness and glee about his newfound hyperactivity, its not my favorite thing at 10 o'clock at night (past my bedtime too) especially when I too am feeling awful. After an hour so of hearing Mom beg and plead for him to go to sleep, Cooper finally gave in.



So, we got through the night somehow and today is a brand new day for us to experience even more of the new Cooper. We started out the day with breakfast and his first dose of medicine at 8 a.m. As I'm writing this blog, its 1:15 p.m. and Cooper has yet to nap (he's usually napped twice by now). He's so wide awake right now that he'd even like to add his own viewpoint to this blog:


I have no time for silly old sleep, there are things to scream about and laugh at, like Shiner and pictures of Mommy and Daddy...oh, and the door! Aaaaaaahhhhhh! hahaha! Mommy knows that I don't feel good, so I've discovered that there are little things that I can do to really get her attention. Things such as fussing for prolonged periods, making little coughing noises, and snorting make Mommy want to hold me and kiss me and make me feel better, I can even get her to say "Oh, poor baby," if I really make a sad face. This is all just a ploy to get close to her so that I can grab her glasses and her nose. Then I'll pull on her hair and act like she's a horse and I've got a hold of her reigns! Whatever this new sweet, liquid food she's giving me twice a day is, I want more! I've never felt more invigorated in all of my nearly 8 months of life! Aaaaaaaaaaa! Da-da Gaga Baba! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!



This morning, a few hours after breakfast, Mom made a futile attempt to get me to take a nap. It was absolutely hilarious! She nursed me, rocked me, put me in my crib with the mobile on, read to me, walked around with me, laid in bed with me, she tried everything! I wasn't going to give in that easily. The funniest part was when she thought that putting me in the swing, even though she always tells Daddy I'm too big for it, would help anything! Watching my parents is so funny! hahahahahaha Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!



So now you see what I'm dealing with...

I really hope that its actually the medicine causing the hyperactivity and this isn't just some milestone that all babies reach around this age...or maybe its just a milestone MY baby has reached. If that turns out to be the case, I'll need your prayers.

6 comments:

Tressa said...

Oh my goodness that boy is SO DARN CUTE!!! Seriously! When looking at the photo shoot you recently did, I had alwas thought Cooper looked just like his mommy. Oh not now, I think he's looking alot more like his daddy!
You know, there will be alot of "new" Coopers revieled for the rest of your life as his momma! Im even shocked recently at what my eight year old did! Ha!
Im looking forward to hearing more from Cooper, great insights as to whats going on in his head!
LOVE you!!!

Tressa said...

Oh and Im soooo sorry about all the ear and sinus infections! I will be praying for health over your home!!!

Shantell Wyatt said...

Bless his heart, and yours :) I don't know if anyone has warned you about the massive yeast rash causing diarhea that also accompanies the antibiotic, but I hope it doesn't phase Cooper's once a week bowel habits. Maybe you'll get 8-10 hours of sleep.....this week!! (Only kidding, I wish you blissful sleepful nights this week and always :) )
I'm loving the blog, hopefully you'll inspire me to keep up with mine too!

Tressa said...

Hey girl, I tagged you! Check out my blog and read and the post 7 things about yourself! http://thegrouchyladybug-tressa.blogspot.com/2008/02/7-weird-things-about-me.html

Renee' said...

Poor Coopy and his ear infection... and poor Mommy too! I am sure you are exahusted from keeping up with him all weekend. I love the blogging idea... you may inspire me to do one as well. :)

Annie said...

You know, Samuel has never reacted quite that way (the hyperactivity) to Amoxicillin. Maybe he's just happy that he feels better. Samuel usually sleeps better after taking it because he's feeling better and can relax. Maybe it's a milestone! Ha ha!