Friday, January 23, 2009

Too much change-Part 2

I spent Thursday blowing through things at work, getting things accomplished, preparing for our transitions, tackling projects that had piled up while things are slow during Chinese New Year. I had our budget set out for the next few months and things are looking great. Cooper is in the care of his Daddy and then one of the most genuine, loving, wonderful people I've ever met. My working mother guilt is quelled for the time being because I know he's extremely well taken care of.



Then I get the call from Steven saying they cut his hours and he will now be working days. We had a sneaking suspicion something like this might happen but I didn't really believe it-he's been working nights for the entire 9 years we've been together. How is that possible? What will we even do? Will we even know how to act around eachother in the evenings? Not to mention the paycut for not having a night differential.



The worst part is how this all affects Coopy...not only will his schedule change drastically from the toddler night shift of sleeping 9 pm to 10 am, but we will have to find a new caregiver situation for him-a daunting task as any other working mother knows. This will also lead to his bedtime being much earlier, thus decreasing my time with him, which makes me the saddest. We had a good little routine going there.



So now we're once again in the market for a new sitter/daycare, so if anyone has any leads, let me know!



I'm allowing myself a few days of being whiny about this, and then I will suck it up and move on. We are still very blessed and appreciative of what we have, just concerned about the logistics of it all. Things like this happen for a reason and we will make it through. This economy is really hitting home-seems like everyone is affected by it now.



Meanwhile all three of us have been on the verge of being sick this week.

Meanwhile didn't we get a new president or something of extreme importance this week?

3 comments:

Tressa said...

Megan! I am so sorry you guys are going through such trials.

I agree with you, give yourself some time to sit and take it all in and deal with the emotions..and then pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and move on.

Who knows whats going on, and what can come of all of this, but I do know that this can be a time of growing and stretching for you guys. Which is a good thing! (Not that its easy or painless)

I think of the passage in the Bible. James 1:2-4 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

I also like how verse 5 says that if
any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives wisdom generously to all. Im sure these changes werent a surprise to God and I know He can help guide you through these times.

I love you guys and know your family will persevere!!

Annie said...

I'm sorry, Megan. I'll be praying for you guys.

Also, give me a call about childcare. I have some ideas.

Love you!

Unknown said...

Wow, talk about timing. All will work out for sure, it always does. Thinking and praying for you guys.