Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shantell's Bday!!



What a fun night! Though those who are still out partying every weekend may have considered our night out lame, but it was a blast for me and probably the latest I've been out (without baby in tow) since my boy was born. I love meeting new people, and Shantell's friends were all such fun and intersesting women that I'm so glad I got to meet or see again.



One in particular that I'm somewhat selfishly glad showed up was Erika, who is an amazingly creative person who makes these beautiful cakes. This is the one she made for Shantell which was dark chocolate with ganache, rasberry, etc. along with the adorable fondant margarita glasses and limes. It was absolutely delicous! Seriously, anyone reading this should check out her website HERE and look at the pictures of some that she has made...talk about talent. I can hardly ice a cupcake well, so I'm a bit jealous. :)




After dinner we weighed going out to a bar or going shopping kid-free, and guess what us party animals chose? Shopping! And what did we buy? Mainly stuff for our kids. But we were out really late, so we're still hard-core.




Congrats also to Stephanie, Jeremy, and Jesse...you guys have such a sweet family and I'm so happy I got to be there to help surprise you guys after such a wonderful experience!!!! Jesse is lucky to have such great parents.

6 comments:

The Rampy Trio said...

Thanks Megan!!! We had a great time on Friday and we were VERY surprised. I also had a great time Saturday. Thanks for sending me the blog.

Tressa said...

WOW!! Looks like you had a super fabulous time! That cake is amazing! Did it taste as good as it looked??
And girl- you sure are looking mighty fine! I know it feels good to go out in nice clothes without drool marks and have a conversation with others women without interuptions. You deserved a night out!
LOVE YOU and hope you are all doing well. Wanna get together soon?

Shantell Wyatt said...

I had so much fun, thank you guys so much for putting it together! I know it wasn't a super crazy night, but a night out with my girls was refreshing and much needed. I still think we should plan a girls dinner out every month (or week haha!) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending the blog & pics! I had a blast! I'm so glad I was able to be there to celebrate Shantell's b-day & meet everyone!

Hope to see you again!

Renee' said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! :) Happy Birthday to Shantell! Who says dinner and shopping cant be a crazy night out? :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like such a Great time! And you can never go wrong with shopping. Especially in groups, those are often the most fun times. And that Cake OMG!! Can you say BEAUTIFUL! Too bad you ate it all. heehee j/k.